I have no money, no job, and one-way tickets out of Utah. I am the happiest woman alive. - me
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Here are some truths I've re-learned since Halloween (and my last post):
1. People lie. I have the word TRUTH tattooed on my wrist to remind me that most people are deceptive, rotten, selfish, discriminating cowards. I think it's sad that believing in people is my flaw.
2. Everyone is looking out for one person and one person only: their self.
3. Never work harder for your career than you do for the people you love.
4. Junior Mints are delicious.
5. When you aren't asked or given the opportunity to offer your version of something that happened, maybe it's because you don't need to. Or maybe just knowing the truth yourself is more important in the end.
6. Trust your gut. ESPECIALLY when it hurts.
7. Women who question authority and think for themselves in the corporate world are frowned upon. When a man does it, he is a genius and gets promoted. (This is based totally on my own experience and I am not casting judgment of any kind.)
8. You can do 50 things exceptionally well, you can help others when they are in a pinch, you can genuinely want to make things better, you can work 100+ hours a week, you can do whatever it takes--even stay up all night--to make someone else look good and then ... make one mistake and that's all people will remember. (See numbers 2 and 3.)
9. Everything happens for a reason; I've been through worse.
10. When people show you who they are, believe them.
And, you know what? I found an adorable house guest along the way that makes everything better and needs my attention right now ...