Wednesday, October 28, 2009

when someone is sleeping soundly next to you, kiss them softly.

this conversation really happened:

me: hey, self, really good to see you.

me: you too! where have you been?

me: i don't know... right here?

me: no. i have been here. you have not.

me: you may be right, self. i miss you. and i haven't see you for a really long time.

me: things seem a little out of balance for us.

me: i know. these random things--running out of gas (again), falling down when we're taking the garbage out, missing chloe's games, being late, forgetting simple things, self destructing-- they usually mean the universe is trying to tell us something.

me: most definitely. i think it's trying to tell us to stop. just stop.

me: let's stop. soon. let's plan a day where no one can find us and figure this out.

me: done. oh yea, and self?

me: yea?

me: i love you.

me: i love you, too.

1 comment :

chew it up or spit it out: