Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Special Dirty 30


See this lady? She's 30 today.

Tawny aka Terry aka Tootsie aka Tawn Tawn aka Little Critter joins the dirty 30 club today. My little sister, all grown up! What can I say ...

To know Tawny is to love her. How could you not? She is one of the most genuine, sweet, caring, funny people I know. You can trust her forever and she has a huge heart. Tawny is sensitive yet feisty. You want her on your side ... always. I am blessed to be her friend and extra blessed to be her sister.

Tawny has a special gift when it comes to people. She relates to them. Which is why she is so good at what she does. She works with adults who have disabilities or behavioral challenges. Her clients quickly become her close friends and a huge part of her life. She has experienced the heartbreak of seeing many of these friends pass away or become seriously ill. Others have punched her, head-butted her, spit on her, and called her names. Yet everyday she meets the physical and emotional demands of a job dedicated to making their lives better. And everyday I am in awe of her compassion and strength. I admire her so much for her love for humanity, and for so many other reasons.

My little sis has an altruistic personality and brightens the room with her presence. She is unique, vibrant, and full of energy. This weekend, I hope she has the celebration she deserves. Here's to another 30 years! I love you!

1 comment :

  1. fuck knuckle. I"M (<<< me, mee) gonna be 30 next June. Grown up?! uuuughhh, nooooooooooooooo!!! it does NOT mean you are ALL grown up. I'm doing more stupid shit now then a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete

chew it up or spit it out: