Thursday, June 9, 2011

Isn't this just like the present?

“I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”
- Hunter S. Thompson

Drugs: Perspective in my past. The conviction to NEVER let them be a part of my future. More importantly, to never let them be a part of my daughters' futures.
Violence: Unnecessary unless totally necessary.
Insanity: A little crazy, but it's nice.

It is not my choice but it is my path. And for all my regrets, failures, accomplishments, and circumstances, I am me. For better for worse. And I know who I am. And that is more than most people can ever say with any certainty. I try. I learn. And I stand for the things I believe in.

I only hope that today's dark skies bring tomorrow's sunniest days. Yet.

And I am finally starting to believe that it is not only true, but inevitable.


No comments :

Post a Comment

chew it up or spit it out: