Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Just breathe.

I have been reminding myself to breathe, just breathe, for the last few weeks. I didn't really notice I was doing it until I stopped remembering to remind myself - at which point I found myself whirling in frequent dizzy spells or sitting down to catch my breath.

Stop.

Just.

Breathe.

Where is all the oxygen going? Why are my lungs failing me? Open up that rib cage and breathe!

Life is definitely (maybe) telling me to slow down and push pause (probably). My dusty airways are craving the fresh, crisp air of Spring. Blue skies and late sunsets can't come soon enough for me. I dream of walking barefoot on warm sidewalks, driving with the windows down, and tasting salty, sweaty lips. The grayness of winter has already overstayed its welcome. And how.

Soon.

Until.

Then.

Breathe.

Just.

Breathe.

1 comment :

  1. Wait. Dude. We both blogged about the same thing again! I just saw this after I posted my last blog...erie. Stop stealing my thoughts, blogger BFF!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

chew it up or spit it out: