Monday, February 14, 2011

30 Things: Day 9

something you're proud of in the past few days

hmmm. something or someone?

well, i am proud of my mom. she is almost finished with chemo. and she has had a lot of grace through treatment. i mean, from the beginning. she has had an unbelievable attitude. i feel like she is genuine in her words and actions. and still drug free. and how.

i am also proud that i didn't completely fall apart at jiffy lube last week. it did take a little help from the attendant to hold things together, but like he said, "it's going to be okay." sometimes i wish they did change more than oil there. i want them to change my life.

i am pretty proud of the length of my leg and underarm hair. it's impressive, and i'm not saying that to be disgusting.

aaaand, i am proud of myself because i am ready. no disclaimers here. i am proud of myself for listening to my music. and for getting older. for unpublished venting. and for not being blindly optimistic or idealistic. and that, even if it is taking me a really long time to get up in the ring this time, i am getting up. and i am slowly dusting myself off for the last round. it's me against me. and people i love in both corners. may the good "me" win.

1 comment :

chew it up or spit it out: