Saturday, February 7, 2009

Carly Cakes


So I am another year older today.

Yup and I am okay with it. Mostly because I have awesome friends and an awesome family that make me feel happy.

I am not going to lie, I love my birthday. It's one day I act really selfish and let people do nice things for me. So here are all the nice things people did for me this year to make it the perfect birthday:

Bought me irish car bombs; told me it was okay to turn off my cell phone
Listened to live music with me
Bought me long island iced teas, Jameson, and pizza
Kissed me (hey... lots of people kissed me and I think that's the best!)
Danced with me
Pushed me headfirst into a shelving unit
Called, texted, or emailed nice messages
Made homemade happy birthday signs
Bought me cupcakes
Took me out to breakfast
Went to the movie with me
Made me a memory video
Went out to dinner with me
Left me obscene voice messages that make my stomach hurt from laughing
Loved me so much I cried

I've turned into a big, fat softy over the last two years, for sure. But one thing I can't take for granted is kindness. Any time people go out of their way to do something nice or make me feel happy, I am deeply full of gratitude. So... today I am just thankful for everyone in my life this year, and missing those from years past.

Happy Birthday to me!

No comments :

Post a Comment

chew it up or spit it out: