Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Conor Oberst & the Mystic Valley Band : It's yours and it's especially mine


This Saturday, Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band will be playing at the Utah Arts Festival. It's going to be amazing. I don't want to make too big of a deal about it because I really don't want anyone else to show up. My four tickets and I are all that matters. I am so excited.

I drove to Omaha last year to see Bright Eyes play at The Waiting Room. It was awesome. (The show--not the driving, the speeding ticket, the deterioration of a friendship, or the incurred debt.) I would do it again. Google the drive from Utah to Nebraska. Obviously, I love Conor for more than just fathering my child.

I also got front row seats to see Bright Eyes at Kingsbury Hall that coincided with a work-related event in Vegas. I went to Vegas, worked, paid $700 to fly to Salt Lake on Saturday night at 6pm, watched the show, and flew back by 7am Sunday morning... only to catch my return flight back to Salt Lake the very same day. Again... TOTALLY worth it.

I hope this Saturday is another life-changing moment for me. I have a totally hot date (no lie), and I'm pretty sure we're going to be members of the Mystic Valley Band by the end of the show... satin jackets and all.

Download a song from CO&TMVB's new release, Outer South:

No comments :

Post a Comment

chew it up or spit it out: