I am not 100% sure if this is the cure all for insomnia ... but it's a start.
Three words: memory foam mattress.
It'll change your life. If you have a great bed, buy a topper. It is amazing.
If you still are miserable, I recommend a fan. I picked up a jumbo fan at the walmarts to get the air circulating and it's great. Plus the loud humming covers up downstair noises. Double bonus!
Here are a few other things I know to be true:
1. Warm milk really does help - even if it's chocolate milk.
2. Loud music forces your mind to stop thinking.
3. Opening a window is helpful ... unless it's snowing.
4. 350+ thread counts go a long way.
5. Sleeping alone can sometimes be the best thing for insomnia.
Nothing earth shattering today, but. there. you. have. it.