Friday, April 2, 2010

Things I Can Do

I live in a crappin' old house. And since I have a hard time stomaching the sight of my mother eating plastic and singing to imaginary animals, I find stuff to do. Most recently, I learned how to tile. I went to Home Depot and bought some stuff and just did it. My shower had started to flood the bathroom anytime anyone other than I showered. So to avoid user error and clean up potentially hazardous mildew, here is what I did:

1. Remove old, black, poisonous, termite-filled tile and wood:


2. Put in new wood and mortar:


3. Apply new tile:


4. Apply grout (color: Haystack):



5. Clean tile and apply grout sealant:


6. Allow to cure for 48 hours before using shower:


Done! Before and after:













Next project: Build an office.

2 comments :

  1. U rock...I am about to do a Bobby Flay throwdown with some home improvments in my crumbling down casa. :)

    ReplyDelete

chew it up or spit it out: