Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gag Me With A Song

Today it was confirmed that country music takes everything that sucks and makes it suck worse.

Don't get me wrong, real country music (Johnny Cash, Buck Owens, June Carter, Loretta Lynn--you get the picture) is amazing. Today's "country" music should be called "people-who-couldn't-make-it-in-the-music-industry-who-started-singing-shitty-pop-covers-in-twangy-voices-with-instruments-wearing-horrible-outfits" music(1). It's the worst.

So today I was wandering around the house and I heard a foul sound coming from the T.V. It was familiar. I walked in, started watching, was horrified and had to run to the bathroom and throw up. (Okay, so I am really hungover but still...) It's some wretched "country" band called Sugarland covering a song at the CMT Music Awards. Anyway, you'll have to watch it for yourself. I can't think about it any more.



*I couldn't find the actual CMT Awards performance but I doubt you'll make it through the whole thing anyway. It's gross.
'Life In A Northern Town' was original sang by Dream Academy in the 80's. It was pretty gross then, too.

References
(1) Hootie, formerly of Hootie and the Blowfish

No comments :

Post a Comment

chew it up or spit it out: