Wednesday, January 7, 2009

That's Not Normal

I have a hard time listening to most people talk. Not because I hate people, rather I find the subjects they are talking about incredibly boring. I watch their lips move but if nothing audibly interesting comes out in the first thirty seconds, I am out. My mind immediately wanders and begins visualizing what the person talking would look like without eyeballs or a neck. But there is good news for my friends: it's not you, it's me. 

I live most intensely in my mind and I don't like to share my life publicly. (I am anxious about being criticized because obviously, that's what I do.) But when I do tell my stories, they are prettay, prettay interesting. Even a mediocre trip to the grocery store seems fascinating to most. Don't get me wrong, there are those who probably think what I have to say is worthless, even trite. Still, I am estimating that 4 out of 10 people think it is totally awesome. All I mean to say is that I don't think other people are dull after all. Stories about dogs chewing furniture or hitting the snooze button three times in a row are hilarious!

That said, I would like to apologize to some for seeming indifferent in the past. I am not. It's just that I have a high ratio of anomalies in my base line. I have also decided to start sharing my experiences, at the risk of being exposed, if only to spark laughter, an intriguing conversation, or acceptance of someone in your life who is not 'normal'.

No comments :

Post a Comment

chew it up or spit it out: